Education Review is the leading reputable and independent publication for New Zealand educators.
With its four themed issues in 2018, the Education Review series is able to achieve unrivalled coverage of the topics concerning those with a vested interest in New Zealand’s schooling and tertiary sectors.
Issue 1: Published 9 February
A source of inspiration for Kiwi educators as they start the school year
- Sharing best practice from classrooms around the country.
- Advice and tips for new teachers, exploring the realities of the profession.
- Tackling the big issues including at-risk children, inclusive education, additional learning needs, learning behaviours.
- How policies around assessment systems, Communities of Learning, and funding mechanisms affect teachers.
- Developments in early childhood education (ECE) teaching and learning, policy, best practice and research.
Issue 2: Published 9 May
Leadership and PD
Exploring pathways and progression
- Exploring different career pathways and opportunities for Kiwi teachers, including overseas opportunities.
- Dissecting leadership and management issues, including mentorship, best practice case studies and topical research.
- Working with Communities of Learning, finding a pathway to principalship, and collaborative practice.
- Discussions around professional learning and development opportunities for Kiwi educators.
- Governance issues for school boards of trustees.
Issue 3: Published 25 July
Tertiary Education Focus
An in-depth, topical look at post-secondary education in New Zealand
- Initial teacher education issues, including quality of courses, meeting teacher supply and demand, policy changes and future trends.
- Industry training, apprenticeships, on-the-job learning, school-workplace partnerships.
- Trends and opportunities including flexible learning, global rankings and skill shortages.
- Postgrad and research issues: funding, investment and burgeoning opportunities.
- The impacts of a new government including the fees-free promise.
Issue 4: Published 17 October
Innovation and Technology
Shining a light on innovative teaching practices
- Implementation of the new digital technologies curriculum, including professional development opportunities for teachers to upskill.
- How digital technologies can be used to support quality teaching and learning.
- Student accessibility to technology including discussion around BYOD and
- 1:1 digital programmes.
- Innovative and modern learning environments – the pros, cons, evidence, discussion and case studies.
- Procurement – where should schools be spending money?
NZME. – New Zealand Media & Entertainment – is New Zealand’s premier media and entertainment business, with a portfolio of leading newspaper, radio, digital, e-commerce and print brands. Every week, our much loved brands reach over 2.9 million kiwis. Whether reading, listening, watching or engaging with our brands, our audience can get the content they want, from us – where and when they want it.
About NZME. Educational Media
NZME. Educational Media is a vigorous division of NZME. that serves the education and health sectors in New Zealand. It has a stable of publications that combine to cover all aspects of primary through to tertiary and further education in the education market, and comprehensive coverage of the aged care and nursing industries. Using the latest technology to address this range of niche publishing markets, the company has access through its print and digital to virtually every child, student, teacher, university student, academic, and health professional in the country.
NZME. Educational Media has identified the importance and dynamism of the education and health sectors and is growing and adapting with these sectors, working in successful partnership with a large range of educational and health institutions.
NZME. Educational Media is not just covering the education and health sectors – it is a part of them.
NZME. Educational Media publish the following sector-leading titles:
- EducationCentral - The independent and impartial go-to news source for all New Zealand educators, politicians, policy makers and parents: http://educationcentral.co.nz
- HealthCentral - The independent and impartial go-to source for New Zealand health professionals, and anyone with a vested interest in health and wellbeing: http://healthcentral.nz
- Education Review – A series of themed publications providing in-depth coverage of the education sector: www.educationreview.co.nz
- Education Gazette – The Ministry of Education’s official publication and source of vacancies for teachers: https://gazette.education.govt.nz
- Nursing Review – New Zealand’s independent publication for nurses: www.nursingreview.co.nz
- INsite – The aged care and retirement industry website: www.insitemagazine.co.nz
- JETmag – aimed at career advice and study options: www.jetmag.co.nz
- Custom publications – we have created magazines, newsletters, and marketing campaigns for several leaders in the health, aged care, and education sectors.
For more information on any of our titles, please contact us on 04 915 9795 or visit our website: www.nzme-ed.co.nz