Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment Minister Paul Goldsmith has today announced 13 appointments and reappointments to the governing councils of nine tertiary education institutions (TEIs).
The appointments and reappointments of council members are:
- Ara Institute of Canterbury: the appointment of Dr Therese Arseneau as a member and as Chair and the reappointment of Mr Stephen Collins as a member.
- Eastern Institute of Technology: the reappointment of Ms Geraldine Travers as a member.
- NorthTec: the appointment of Mr Wayne Jackson as Chair, Ms Jane Hindle as Deputy Chair, and Mr Kenneth Eastwood as a member.
- Otago Polytechnic: the appointment of Dr Neil Barns as a member.
- Southern Institute of Technology: the reappointment of Mr Peter Heenan as a member and his appointment as Chair, and the appointment of Mr Tim Ward as Deputy Chair.
- Tai Poutini Polytechnic: the appointment of Mr Andrew England as a member.
- Waikato Institute of Technology: the appointment of Mr Barry Harris as a member and as Chair.
- Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki: the appointment of Mr Stuart Trundle as a member.
- University of Waikato: the appointment of Ms Margaret Devlin as a member.
“I welcome the essential skills and experience that these appointees will bring to the leadership of their institutions” says Mr Goldsmith.
“I want to recognise and thank the outgoing members for the valuable service, commitment, and contribution they have made to tertiary education in New Zealand.”
“In particular, I want to recognise the valuable leadership provided over a substantial period of time by outgoing council Chairs, Jenn Bestwick (Ara), Vern Dark (NorthTec), Mary Cave-Palmer (Wintec), and Sarah Brown (SIT),” says Mr Goldsmith.