Dr Graham Stoop has been appointed chief executive of the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand (EDUCANZ). He will take up the position on 9 November.
Dr Stoop was chief executive of the Education Review Office from 2007 to 2013 and more recently, the Ministry of Education's deputy secretary student achievement. He started his career as a secondary school teacher and has held several positions in that role including head of department in various schools in New Zealand and Scotland.
You might also like to read:
- The big debate: should te reo be compulsory in our schools?
- Will CoOLs give the Virtual Learning Network a permanent home?
- CoOLs: Why they're a good idea
- Post-intervention: the importance of sustainability
- Lessons learned and looking forward: a changing of the guard at the PPTA
- In pursuit of the elusive and ubiquitous standard