Dr Graham Stoop has been appointed chief executive of the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand (EDUCANZ). He will take up the position on 9 November.
Dr Stoop was chief executive of the Education Review Office from 2007 to 2013 and more recently, the Ministry of Education's deputy secretary student achievement. He started his career as a secondary school teacher and has held several positions in that role including head of department in various schools in New Zealand and Scotland.
You might also like to read:
- Manurewa Intermediate shines at PM's Education Excellence Awards
- Digital fluency investment marks biggest change to curriculum in a decade
- The "Kardashian effect": in defence of single-gender education
- Budget 2017: Education - looking forward or playing catch-up?
- "Biggest reform to education in 30 years" - Education Amendment Bill passes final reading
- The big debate: should te reo be compulsory in our schools?