New chief executive for EDUCANZ2015
Dr Graham Stoop has been appointed chief executive of the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand (EDUCANZ). He will take up the position on 9 November.
Dr Stoop was chief executive of the Education Review Office from 2007 to 2013 and more recently, the Ministry of Education's deputy secretary student achievement. He started his career as a secondary school teacher and has held several positions in that role including head of department in various schools in New Zealand and Scotland.
You might also like to read:
- Education sector leaders debate latest NZ Initiative research
- Careers NZ now part of Tertiary Education Commission
- Part-time secondary teachers seek equal pay
- Report compares NZ and European qualifications frameworks
- Manurewa Intermediate shines at PM's Education Excellence Awards
- Digital fluency investment marks biggest change to curriculum in a decade