Position: CEO/ Dean
Application Deadline: 27/03/2017
Bethlehem Tertiary Institute (BTI) is highly regarded by students, alumni, schools, early childhood education centres and agencies for providing high quality biblically-based diplomas, degrees and graduate diploma qualifications in teaching, counselling and social work. Located in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, BTI is a not-for-profit organisation registered with the NZ Charities Commission and accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) with approval by the Education Council and the Social Work Registration Board. BTI is a member of Independent Tertiary Institutions and is part of the Christian Education Trust group of companies.
The ethos of BTI is very much strengths-based, with a team focus in all areas. The role of Dean is to provide strategic leadership of the Institute, building on the collaborative environment, whilst seeking opportunities to extend the reach of BTI in conjunction with the Board. The Dean is required to maintain a hands-on involvement in teaching, research and scholarship, as well as providing overall management of all BTI activities. The Dean is responsible to the Board of Directors, and under the current structure, has four direct reports.
Ideally you will have:
- Well-developed awareness of self and others in relational contexts.
- A minimum of a masters level degree, preferably doctorate, plus a tertiary teaching qualification is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of required student outcomes of the Institute as a PTE specialising in applied disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ongoing developments in other tertiary education sectors, nationally and internationally.
- Good understanding of sound management accounting practices, people and culture management, and other aspects of commercial management.
- Proven record of quality publications or other research outputs.
- Proven ability to contribute to the academic programmes of the Institute.
- Proven ability to engage authentically across a range of disciplines and contexts.
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring others and engaging in all aspects of leadership formation.
- Demonstrated experience and proven competence in management within the context of educational institutions.
Active involvement in a local Christian community and in Christian initiatives in the wider global community.
This role ideally commences in September 2017. Applications close on 27th March 2017.
For further information, including a job description, please contact the Secretary, Christian Education Trust, 7 Elder Lane, Bethlehem, Tauranga. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Click here